If you’re one of Bermuda’s Permanent Residency Certificate (“PRC”) holders, it’s likely you are aware that the single category of Bermuda real estate that you are ineligible to purchase is Vacant Land, which is reserved for Bermudian citizens. If you’ve ever lamented this exclusion and dream of acquiring open acreage on which to build your Bermuda home, Sinclair Realty has some intriguing news. A rare exception to the “no vacant land” rule exists when the land parcel includes a once-habitable ruin with an ARV of “$0” ( a very different thing from having “no ARV”, which is the case with most vacant land).
A most spectacular example of this little known exception to PRC policy is the eight-acre luxury building site overlooking Harrington Sound known as The Old Quarry & North Farm.
- The Old Quarry & North Farm — a subdivision of the larger North Estate — is eligible for sale to PRC holders due to the $0 ARV associated with an old cow shed — later turned into modest accommodation — and now in disrepair.
- From the Harrington Sound Road, the entrance road meanders up the hill, past the old cow shed, through forest and meadow to the Old Quarry, which has been recently reactivated, producing some of the best limestone on the island.
- Glorious panoramic water views from this hillside take in the South Shore of Smith’s Parish, the Dockyard, Harrington Sound and the North Shore beyond.
- The quarry is not only convenient for supply of construction materials, but it is also creating a flat foundation for new home construction.
- Heading over to the hill to the south are dramatic rock cuts, nature paths and enchanting old quarries — we envision illuminated quarry gardens and charming follies … a true wonderland.
- The views here are equally superb and include the Atlantic Ocean, The Mid Ocean Club golf course, and the estates of Tucker’s Town.
- Permission in-principle for two substantial dwellings and current permission for quarrying (active)
- A convenient location approximately 15 minutes from the City of Hamilton and 10 minutes or less from Bermuda’s L.F. Wade International Airport and the private clubs of Tucker’s Town.
We at Sinclair Realty Bermuda look forward to assisting your discovery of this amazing property!